Apex Vets COVID service update
June 11, 2020
We are still open and expanding our services as reasonably as we can while acting safely and responsibly.
We have seen many pets with cuts/bites/ingesting foreign bodies recently. As a generality, our pets have been leading very active lives! This, alongside our belief that our pets are as dear to us as they ever have been at times like this, has led to us being extremely busy. We are adapting as fast as we can. We also appreciate your continued support and understanding throughout this.
- Whenever possible we will be treating patients remotely (due to the nature of what we do, this is often limited).
- If your pet is unwell, or has something wrong that may cause a problem for them in the future. Please contact us, we do want to see them before they get very unwell.
- We are performing nearly all routine work now. We are however working through boosters and nurse checks from March forwards as swiftly as we safely can with the new social distancing measures in place.
- We have a new click and collect window for all pre-paid orders. We’d like to encourage you to skip the queues by ordering online then paying by phone in advance for your medication or food. You can then come straight to the click and collect window and pick up your medication. This saves you having to enter the surgery building (helping social distancing) and saves any queues.
- We have a new prescription request order form on our website. Please use this to whenever you can to spare the phone lines.
Clients have been fantastic in helping us with our new social distancing measures in the last 2 weeks. Please continue to help us.
- You will be politely asked to stand 2m away from the vet/nurse throughout every consultation. You can be present though.
- We have moved from 4 to 6 phone lines.
- We have limited the numbers of people allowed in reception.
- We have a call/click and collect window.
- Vets/nurses use PPE as/when required.
- Reception/clients interactions are kept safe via a robust sneeze screen.
- Once client per pet in the building, please try and leave kids at home if you possibly can, but if you can’t get childcare it’s ok to bring them in too. We will also ask them to stay 2m away from the clinician in the consultation room.
- If you are shielding/quarantined let us know in advance. We have multiple protocols in place to allow us to help you.
Remember we are still here and available for illness or emergencies, simply call the surgery as usual and we can arrange an appointment: 01324 829989. To preserve the phone line and our busy reduced staff please try to email for non-urgent queries – email@example.com
This advice is constantly changing so for real time updates see our Facebook page where we keep our most up to date policy on treatment at the surgery pinned to the top. See www.facebook.com/apexvets
Thank you for your support and stay safe.