Apex Vets COVID service update
April 21, 2020
We are still open. We are on top of our workload again and are welcoming new clients and new pets without a waiting list.
Covid is under control in forth valley thanks to all the sacrifices that we have all made over last year, and as such it is time that we welcomed clients back into our surgery building again from next Tuesday 27th April. Many of you won’t have had a chance to see the new reception and consulting suite that we busied ourselves building through 2020. For those of you who didn’t know, we have built a brand new lighter airier reception with separate quiet breakout room, and a cat waiting area. We have 4 new consulting rooms, and the shop is larger with more ranges and the new seating allows our clients more room to enjoy the surroundings.
In the part that you don’t normally see, we have doubled up on operating theatres with a new surgical preparation suite; a bespoke dental suite with radiography, new wards, a new advanced electrosurgery unit and other advancements to improve the care we can offer your pet.
- Pets and owners are welcome in the surgery building, we will ask for one person per family of pets (we are happy for children to accompany an adult)
- We can still consult in carpark if you would feel more comfortable with that, please let us know at the time of booking.
- We need you to wear mask or visor when you are in the surgery building, if you are unable to do that let us know, we have protocols in place so we can still look after your pet.
- We can allow up to 7 people in the surgery building at one time including those in consultation rooms. We will station staff at the door to let you know if you are OK to come in.
- Where possible order medication online via our website apexvets.com https://www.apexvets.com/find-and-contact/request-a-prescription/ and pay for it by telephone in advance.
- If you are shielding and/or do not wish to visit the surgery building we can still offer telemedicine video consultations by request, and can post out medication at £3 for up to 2Kg package. Additionally you can collect mediation from the surgery, we will happily bring it out to you in the carpark if it is pre-paid, simply telephone us on arrival.
- We accept card payments only.
With your understanding we have managed to remain open throughout the crisis and have been able to treat and help sick pets 24 hours per day. We are delighted to be able to once again welcome you into the surgery building and we’re all looking forward to summer with new optimism. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Glenn Hodgson and Douglas Paterson