Douglas has issued Apex Vets Covid Protocols
January 7, 2021
Apex Vets Covid Service Update 22nd December 2020
We are still open. The likelihood of us closing is extremely low. Our clients have been hugely understanding of our policies this year, thank you. Everything we are asking of you is to keep staff, clients and their families safe. We are mitigating the risk of the practice being asked to close for a period if we are contacted by Track and Trace. We also publicly thank the team for the great approach they have taken to tackling COVID throughout the year.
We are introducing the following measures considering the increasing Risk of COVID.
1. New clients waiting list. for numerous reasons we are being inundated with registrations. We now have a waiting list. Each week we will register the normal number of clients that we would register in a normal week. We encourage clients of other local practices to work with them with their own COVID management strategies. Existing clients are welcome to register new pets.
2. New members of staff and students will have to quarantine prior to entering the team.
The following policies are still in place:
1. Face masks are mandatory at the practice. If you are unable to wear a mask please speak with reception by phone at the earliest opportunity, we will still be able to care for your pet and will be happy to help.
2. In order to limit the number of people in reception and allow you as best as possible to maintain social distancing, please only allow one person per household to enter the surgery building. It is reasonable to have an additional family member standing outside if you plan to bring multiple pets to one visit and can’t handle them single handed. You can of course bring children, only if not practicable to leave them home or with family. There are a very limited number of scenarios when the vet may invite a second person into the consultation as it starts.
3. We are allowing a maximum of 5 clients in reception.
4. To reduce the amount of time you spend in reception please where possible order medication online via our website apexvets.com https://www.apexvets.com/find-and-contact/request-a-prescription/ and also pay for it by telephone in advance. This allows you to have a brief visit to the surgery building to collect your medication or flea/worm treatment from our new pharmacy window beside reception.
5. If you are shielding and/or do not wish to enter the surgery building we can still offer telemedicine video consultations by request, and can post out medication at £3 for up to 2kg package. Additionally you can collect medication from the surgery, we will happily bring it out to you in the carpark if it is pre-paid, simply telephone us on arrival.
6. Please pay by card.
Thank you for your patience this year. With your understanding we have managed to remain open throughout the crisis and have been able to treat and help sick pets 24 hours per day. We are putting ourselves in a position to stay open and provide reliable care to our patients come what may.
Wishing you a safe New Year 2021.
Glenn Hodgson and Douglas Paterson